Awhile back we published an article about how to vet your wedding videographer to make sure they are a good and legitimate company to work with.
Today I would like to show you a list of more general questions to ask wedding videographers to make sure you are getting exactly what you want for your wedding day.
So what questions should I ask my videographer?
The following is a list of good questions to ask a wedding videographer to make sure you are truly getting what you want out of the deal:
- What is your pricing?
- Is my wedding day open?
- Do you offer different packages?
- How long do you film based on my package?
- Do you travel to my location?
- Is there an extra travel charge?
- Can we meet in person or have a Skype call?
- Will there be 1 or 2 cameras filming my wedding?
- Will you be bringing an assistant to work with you?
- Is your camera HD quality?
- How does your camera do in low light?
- Do you have any lighting, and how does that work?
- Where will you be standing during the ceremony?
- Do you keep the footage when you are done with my wedding?
- How many DVDs/Blu-rays are included in the price?
- How much are extra DVDs/Blu-rays?
- How much is extra film time?
- Do you charge for editing?
- Does my disc come with a cover?
- Does my DVD/Blu-ray come with a disc menu?
- Do you film interviews with bridal party and guests?
- Will you require a meal at the reception?
- Is a wedding trailer included?
- Is the unedited footage on my final disc?
- Do you coordinate with other vendors at my wedding?
- What is your film style?
- What is you turnaround time for editing?
- Can you broadcast my wedding live over the internet?
- Can you make a highlight video of the ceremony to show at the reception?
- Can you do 360 wedding video?
- Do you have a drone for aerial shots of the venue?
- If I need copies in the future, will you still be able to deliver those?
- Will you use my wedding in your promotions?
- Is there a way I can keep my privacy and not be used in promotions?
- What can you offer me that other videographers don’t?
There are the 35 questions for your wedding videographer.
If you have any other questions you think we should add, let us know in the comments below, and we will add it to the list!